Office Assistant - SW Portland/Lake Oswego Location
We are seeking a highly competent & intrinsically motivated assistant for our office! This role is a critical component of our team and will help free up time for us to manage our business and other projects with minimal distractions.
Because of the importance of this position, please make sure to read our ad carefully so that you are aware of the responsibilities and requirements of the position before applying!
About the Job:
The Executive Assistant position is all about doing whatever is needed to grease the wheels & make things run more smoothly while at the same time freeing up time to allow for us to work on more specialized tasks.
From high-level, creative problem solving to making coffee, this position will have a wide variety of assigned tasks and no two days will be the exact same!
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a personal assistant or similar role
- Functional knowledge of office equipment (printer, scanner, multi-line phone etc.)
- Functional knowledge MS Office (Excel, Word & Outlook)
- Good written spelling & grammar (without spellcheck)
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills including multitasking & prioritizing a daily workload while anticipating needs of management
- Experience with using PC computers in an office setting
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must have a reliable vehicle
- Ability to work independently on relevant & helpful tasks without much outside direction
- Must be able to pass a drug test upon hiring & at random while employed
- High sense of loyalty to discretion and confidentiality
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Other Desired Attributes:
- Highly intuitive, with the ability to anticipate and support our ever-changing needs
- Taking initiative and working independently; making decisions and identifying important or time-sensitive information with minimal direction
- Eager team player willing to learn new skills & information
- Knowledge of CSS, HTML or Java
- Experience with creating / managing / maintaining a website on WordPress
- Demonstrative knowledge of Google Drive and/or Dropbox
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information and decisions
- Exceptional planning, time management, and organizational skills
- QuickBooks and/or QB Payroll knowledge and experience
- Experience with Photoshop and/or Davinci Resolve
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Out of office errands as needed – Including light grocery shopping & dropping off orders at the post office on occasion
- Working with other employees on larger communal projects
- Managing both ongoing and spur of the moment, deadline-driven projects
- Booking travel accommodations
- Assisting with product pictures & descriptions
- Outbound calls to vendors & clients
- Ordering & restocking household / business supplies
- Cleaning & assisting with general household projects
- Online Research
- Assisting with inventory management
- Organizing various business-related items as well as some personal
- Light food prep (no cooking, just some washing & prepping of ingredients)
- Assisting with pulling & preparing orders for clients
We are small business local to SW Portland area seeking a motivated & high energy assistant to help tackle our various projects, assist with outbound calls to clients & help out with some light office work / cleaning.
We have a vibrant passion for our work, and we believe that hard work and accuracy can be accomplished in an energetic, creative, and fun atmosphere. We look forward to meeting you!